Thursday, July 4, 2013

Style Steals Part 2

So, I made a post back in June about these various pieces of clothing that I (or someone else) had found that looked nearly identical to another, more expensive, item of clothing that I wanted. Well I had so much fun making that one that I decided to make a part 2, with more style steals that I've found in my time surfing the web. 


The first style steal that I wanted to share with you guys was this black t shirt with a white contrast neck. A while ago, Topshop had this gorgeous silk shirt, but it was $90 and sold out ridiculously fast! I've been looking for a cheaper alternative for a while, and I found one the other day when I was looking at the American Apparel sale. The AA Unisex Poly-Cotton Short Sleeve Ringer T-Shirt is a different material, and has the white contrast on the sleeves as well, but I think it looks almost identical and hopefully I will be purchasing it in the near future.


And who doesn't need a pair of classic denim shorts? I love the look of the AA Medium Wash High Waist Jean Cuff Short, but I do not love the price. Luckily, the Vintage High Rise Destroyed Denim Shorts from Forever 21 have a similar look and are a third the price! That being said, you get what you pay for - i.e. if you're looking for a quality, long lasting pair of denim shorts, I would go for the American Apparel ones because I think they would last you longer. I, however, am only in California for the summer, so prefer the cheaper Forever 21 pair.

Once again, I have been in love with these AA Printed High-Waist Jean Cuff Shorts for a while now, so I was very happy when I saw that Forever 21 released a pair of shorts similar to them! The Ditsy Floral Denim Shorts are $40 cheaper than the American Apparel pair, and just as cute. While there is some difference in the color of the shorts, and other minor details, overall these two shorts have very similar looks. 


Last but not least, this is a special treat for anyone in the UK. River Island has two shorts that are incredibly similar to shorts from American Apparel! The Black Acid Wash Denim Shorts from River Island are almost identical to the AA Stone Wash High Waist Jean Cuff Shorts in black (left) and the River Island Black Tube Shorts are identical to the AA Stretch Twill High-Waist Side Zipper Short in black (right). And each pair of shorts is half the price of their AA twins! However, if you're in the US these River Island shorts are only a few dollars cheaper than the AA ones.

Let me know what you guys think! Do you want me to make more posts like this? Or do you have an item you want me to find a cheaper similar for? Let me know in the comments!

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment