Friday, July 26, 2013

Clothing Review: Topshop Longsleeve Cape Blouse in Nude

A little while ago, Topshop stocked this gorgeous Cape Detail Blouse, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on it before it sold out. So I scoured ebay for a month or two, looking for it or a similar item, when Topshop decided to quasi restock it. It doesn't have the same name, and it comes in a few different colors now, so I'm not sure if its the exact same one, but it has the same look and style to it.
 
Of course, I had to try it on when I went to New York and I was finally in a place with a full sized Topshop again. The material of it was fine, I don't really remember it being particularly amazing, but it wasn't cheap either, and the size of it was fine, if a little bit loose. I tried it on in nude, and so it was a little see through, but because there are two layers of fabric on the top half, it won't show your bra so long as you wear a nude colored one. It's definitely not for hot weather, even though it looks very light and airy, as its 100% polyester, but I'm also not sure how well it would wear underneath a jacket. It was incredibly flattering though, and really the only reason that I didn't buy it was because of the sleeves - I'm really, really, really short, and even though I tried it on in my normal size, the sleeves were way too long, and there was no way to roll them or hem them because its a blouse.
 
So, if you have short arms like me, you'll probably want to wait and see if Topshop comes out with a petite version. If not, I definitely recommend this blouse! Its very pretty and girly, and very flattering.


Love,
 
Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment