Saturday, July 27, 2013

San Francisco Haul

So my cousins have been in town recently, and of course I've been being a good hostess and showing them around the area. This of course means spending a lot of time in San Francisco, and as a result shopping in lots of cool shops in San Francisco. So I thought I'd take a minute to share some cool things that I bought the other day when I was playing tour guide.


This first item is an awesome dress that I found at the Buffalo Exchange on Haight Street. If you don't know what Buffalo Exchange is, its basically a nice thrift store that's aimed at teens, so you never know what you might find! Some of the item can be more expensive, around $20 or $30, but I found this lovely little dress for only $12. It' a great color, with a really cool pattern all over it, and it just seems perfect for summer, as a cute dress or even a swimsuit cover up.


This next thing is from a totally random little store on Haight. It's one of those gag gift and t shirt kind of stores - to be honest it reminded me a bit of Hot Topic, but I don't think this one is a chain store. Anyways, I have this thing about dancing skeletons, I love them to bits. I have a little statuette of a skeleton with moveable arms and a little sombrero that sits on my desk during the school year, and I absolutely adore him! He reminds me of home. Also, I may or may not (one day) be getting a tattoo of a Grateful Dead inspired dancing skeleton on my side. Did I mention I really love dancing skeletons? So of course I had to get this awesome shirt when I saw it on the wall of this little store! Just picture it with the sleeves rolled up and paired with some high waisted denim shorts for the summer time - it would look so cool.


This last item is a crop top from the Topshop section at Nordstrom's in San Francisco. If you're in the Westfield Mall on Powell Street, you can find the Topshop section on the top level of the Nordstrom's there. Be warned though its a very small section of the store. I found this sun top in the sale, and since its really flattering on me and I have difficulty finding colorful tops that I love, I decided to buy it. I'm pretty sure I can style it for both summer and some warmer days in the fall and winter! Which is good, seeing as how I'm in Scotland for about nine months of the year.


And finally, we stopped by Amoeba and I got this awesome CD. I've been into Motown stuff lately, and The Temptations are amazing.

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment