Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Fall/Winter Essentials: Jackets and Boots

I know it's still technically the beginning of July, but I can't help myself - I love autumn and winter clothes! All of the jumpers, and the jackets and coats, and the generally fuzzy state of things makes me so so happy. So of course, as I do with anything that makes me happy, I've made a list - this time, of a few essentials that I will be saving up for and buying to keep me warm in the Scottish winter.


A classic black coat is always a must - you can throw it on over pretty much anything, be it dressy or casual. As long as you get a nice one, and a thick one, you can wear it all winter long, most likely even for several years!


Another essential is a cute (faux) leather jacket. I personally really like this style with quilted shoulders and arms and a detachable fur collar that's modeled after a jacket made by Burberry. But, as long as you pick a fairly simple one, a jacket like this is a staple that can be worn everywhere.


This winter, I'm loving the look of a giant, preferably fuzzy, hooded parka style jacket in an earthy tan color. It looks so cute paired with some black jeans, and is so easy to throw on over your clothes in the winter. Because I live in Scotland, the giant hood is a necessity - it rains a lot, and its so windy that umbrellas never work.


And of course, everyone needs a good pair of boots. Or two. Or twenty. These are some of my favorites, some of which I own, and others that I hope to own soon. Casual boots are of course a must, but nicer boots are actually really useful as well. It's much easier and comfier to go out in winter in a pair of cute boots than a pair of strappy heels.

I can not wait for the chillier weather! Comment below if you want me to make another post like this, maybe with some jeans/trousers and jumpers?

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment