Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Style Icon: Twiggy


Nineteen sixties British supermodel Twiggy (real name Lesley Lawson) was the embodiment of the mod movement. With her boyish figure and big doe eyes, she captured the hearts of photographers and designers around the world. 


Now, I felt that I should put a disclaimer in here: Twiggy has a very thin body type, and her body type is not attainable and healthy for everyone. If your body is naturally very similar to Twiggy's, then that's great. If it's not, then that's great too. Every body type is beautiful, and every body type can wear this look.



Twiggy was famous for wearing mod shift dresses or swing dresses. Depending on your body type, you will want to go for a more fitted or more loose shape (whichever you feel your best in, really). Personally, because my boobs and my hips are my widest parts and about the same size, I like to go for swing dresses. The great thing about this look, though, is there are so many different shapes and styles, colors and patterns that you can find, it will suit just about everybody. If you would rather go for pants or shorts, for Twiggy's look you would want to stick to looser fitting pieces, with higher neck lines on the top and either wide leg trousers or tailored shorts. For coats, swing coats and pea coats are your best options. Pair it with some simple ballet flats or classic chelsea boots, and you've got a great outfit. Of course, it wouldn't be a true sixties mod outfit without some oversized round sunglasses. I have a pair myself, and they are so much fun.

And there you have it. My take on how to get a Twiggy inspired look. I hope you enjoyed it!

Love,

Caro


No comments:

Post a Comment