Wednesday, July 10, 2013

My Skincare Routine

I've seen a lot of these posts around lately, and I thought I would make one of my own. My skincare routine is the same for morning and evening, and its pretty simple. Since I have really dry skin, using a lot of heavy cleansers doesn't work well for my skin. After I shower (or when I wake up if I'm running a little late) and before I go to bed, I wash my face with a foaming cleanser that I get from the drug store. When I'm in Scotland, I like to use the Superdrug Tea Tree and Peppermint Foam Face Wash, and when I'm in California I like to use Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser.


After I wash my face, I use toner. Right now I'm using the Olay Oil Minimizing Toner, but I really just use whatever I pick up from the drug store (or chemists). I apply it by putting a little bit on a cotton ball and wiping it all over my face. It's incredibly simple, and it does wonders for keeping my skin clear.


Most nights, after I've washed my face and used the toner, I like to put some lotion on my skin because it is incredibly dry. A tip for clear skin that I've learned over the years is finding a nice lotion that is specially designed to be applied to your face. I personally love this Tea Tree Skin Clearing Lotion from The Body Shop - it hydrates your skin and works to keep it clear. Plus its got a nice scent to it.


Occasionally if I've got a really bad breakout I'll put some toothpaste on it before I go to bed. I know that sounds really weird, but I read about it somewhere and it actually works in making the pimple less red. And every night before I go to bed I put my hair in a high ponytail with a giant scrunchie to keep my hair off of my face and neck while I sleep.

What do your skincare routines look like? If you have any more tips for clear skin feel free to leave them in the comments, I may try them out sometime!

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment