Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Love Affair with Ebay

For years I never bought anything on Ebay - I had gotten this idea in my head that it was super intense bidding on totally random objects from sketchy sellers, and so I was scared to give them my credit card information. A few months ago though, I took a chance, and ordered a really cute pair of shorts, and I have been in love ever since. So here is a list of five reasons why I love Ebay.



1. Ebay is a great place to find clothes or shoes that are no longer in stores. This is my number one reason simply because I am the type of person that will see a picture of someone from months ago wearing an adorable shirt, or a pretty dress, and I decide that I absolutely must have it.

2. Most of the time, the prices on Ebay are incredibly cheap. Of course, occasionally people list items as more expensive than when they were in stores, hoping to make a profit because you can no longer buy them anywhere else. And that, leads into reason number 3....

3. If you can't find what you want, or you've found it and the seller is asking way more than you want to pay, don't worry! Because Ebay is entirely individual sellers, the items for sale are constantly changing. If you don't find what you're looking for one day, you could very well find exactly what you want a week later. So don't give up hope!

4. When you finally find an item that you're looking for, after searching for a while and almost giving up, its incredibly gratifying. I think the biggest tip for finding specific items that I've learned is that most people do not the store's name for a product, and if its listed under the store's name then more people find it and it gets increasingly expensive.

5. The nice thing about bidding on items instead of just buying them, is there leaves some room for error when it comes to buyers remorse. You know, when you buy something and a few hours later start to question it, and maybe regret it? When you're betting on something, there is still the chance that someone else will come and bid higher. Besides, most of the time the prices are so inexpensive, that its okay if you don't wear it every single day, because you only paid a dollar for it, or something along those lines.

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment