Monday, June 10, 2013

A Pack Rat's Closet

I have way too many clothes. There, I said it, I  own too many items of clothing! I mean, its not as if I go out every day and buy five new things, all at full price, but sometimes it feels like that is the case. In reality, I find a lot of things at sales, or ebay, or thrift/charity shops, and a good chunk of what is in my closet now are things that I have had for years. Literally, I'm sitting on my bed right now and I can see a crochet tank top that I got from American Eagle when I was 12 for about $6. I think its safe to say that I am a bit of a pack rat. 

But its time for that to change. I've graduated high school and completed my first year at university half way around the world - I don't need to hold onto things I've owned since middle school, even if they do still look fine. Besides, my parents are moving out of this house within the coming year, and I would not wish the horror of packing up my room as it is now on anyone. So I'm going to do what I do best: make lists. One list for clothes that I definitely want to keep, one list for clothes that I will get rid of, and then a list of all the clothes that didn't make it onto either list because I just forgot about them. For the clothes I forgot about, I'll wait a week or two to see if I use them, and then if not I donate them with the rest of the giveaway clothing.

And you know what the best part about going through and cleaning out your closet? Filling it with new goodies.

Love,

Caro

P.S. I'll post some before and after pictures of my closet for you lovelies when I finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment