Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Israel

Earlier this year, I got to go and visit my friend in Israel over Easter or Passover, and it was so much fun! I've gotta be honest, the travel there and especially back was pretty bad. On the way back, it just seemed like everything that could have gone wrong, did go wrong. But other than that, it was an amazing trip!

I stayed in Tel Aviv with my friend at her aunt's house for a good chunk of the time, and for the first few days I was there. We went to the beach, and basically just did some shopping and hanging out when we were there. After that, we went to the Negev desert for two days, and we went camping. We actually got lost for a little while, and on our way to the Bedouin camp we were staying at we saw some actual Bedouins, so that was pretty cool. Of course, it was significantly less fun when I was lugging around a tent and a giant backpacking bag on my back. But eventually we got there, and the food was amazing, and the next day we got to ride some camels and go on a little desert safari ride. When we got back from the desert, we went to Jerusalem, which was so amazing! We saw some exhibits at the museum, including the Dead Sea Scrolls, and went to this amazing outdoor market place. We also went to the Western Wall, which is where I took the picture below.


I would absolutely recommend going to Israel if you ever get the chance! It was beyond amazing! However, be prepared for lots and lots of security checks in the airport, especially if you're traveling on your own and its your first time in the middle east. While I won't be going back soon (because my friend is moving back to the states, and I don't speak Hebrew or have any family there) it was definitely worth it, and I entirely recommend it.

Where is the most exotic place that you've ever visited? Tell me in the comments!

Love,

Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment