Sunday, June 23, 2013

My First Flat!

So, as a few of you may know, I've just finished my first year of University this past year. And I have to be honest, the thing I'm probably looking forward to most this coming year is having my own flat! No more living in my parents house (apart from the summer, of course) and no more halls or dorm rooms!

It's a cute little flat, in a great location near my uni, with a friend of mine who's also a physics major. One of the best things about a new place, though, is decorating. And while I don't get to do a crazy amount of redecorating, because it is a rental, I am looking forward to putting my own flair on it.

My plan for this new room of mine is posters, blankets, pillows, and comforters, and maybe some curtains for my window. In my dorm room this year, I wasn't allowed to hang any posters up anywhere, and the walls looked so blank and boring it was horrible. On top of that, I get to actually use my scented candles this year, which will be nice. 


And last but certainly not least, the closet and dresser. I haven't actually had a dresser for quite a few years now, and I'm getting very excited at the prospect of having drawers to put clothes in again (is that terribly dorky of me?). And the closet, is a gorgeous (albeit tiny) walk-in closet. I have about a million hangers, and to actually see my dresses and coats and jackets all hung up and nice in the closet, and my t-shirts and jeans all folded up in those dresser drawers will be so satisfying. 


I can't wait to move in!

Are any of you guys moving or redoing your rooms this year? If so, share with me! I love seeing these kinds of things.

Love,

Caro


No comments:

Post a Comment