Monday, September 30, 2013

Monk Shoes

Lately I've noticed that Topshop has been selling a type of shoes called Monk shoes. I'm not sure if they've got the same name everywhere, but these Monk shoes from Topshop (apart from having an awesome name) are really cute, semi-formal flat shoes that generally have a buckle on the front and no laces. They're interestingly shaped and structured, and I think that they add a level of uniqueness to any outfit.
 
I, personally, am completely in love with two specific pairs - the Matie Two Tone Monk Shoe for £34 and the Kava Brogue Monk Shoes for £55 - so I've made a few sets of some different kinds of outfits I would pair them with. And hopefully soon, I'll be able to post some reviews on them! Cross your fingers for me.
 



Since the Kava Brogue Monk Shoes are entirely black, in my opinion they look best with dresses or skirts, or in general an outfit that is slightly more formal. To make them a little more casual, pair it with some boyfriend jeans and a button down.
 


 
For the Matie Two Tone Monk Shoes, they look best paired with jeans in a more casual outfit or a bright, summery outfit. Add in some gold accessories to accent the gold buckle, and you're good to go.
 
Since last years big winter shoe trend was cut out boots, I feel like these kind of shoes will be fashionable this winter. What do you guys think of Monk shoes? Let me know in the comments below!
 
Love,
 
Caro

No comments:

Post a Comment